The Secretary and Vice President for Student Life advises the president, vice presidents, trustees, and other academic and administrative leaders about campus issues at a local, national, and international level, and ensures that university-wide policies and procedures maximize support for all 12,000 students.
Secretary Kimberly M. Goff-Crews leads collaborations with student life professionals from across the university, shaping campus life initiatives to create a safe and supportive student environment. She also works closely with student leaders, connecting them to university administration and supporting their visions for life at Yale.
Current university-wide priorities, include:
- Fostering excellence and providing an unsurpassed learning environment through the free exchange of ideas and access to thinkers and leaders from the university and beyond;
- Deepening efforts to ensure a safe, humane, accessible, and respectful campus environment and culture;
- Enhancing the mental health, wellness, and resiliency of all students;
- Fostering interdisciplinary interactions among students from across the university;
- Supporting graduate and professional students’ evolution as practitioners and scholars;
- Enhancing leadership development opportunities for students;
- Promoting collaboration between student life personnel across the institution.
Secretary Goff-Crews oversees the University Chaplaincy, the Office of LGBTQ Resources, and the Resource Office on Disabilities. She also has dual supervision of a discrete set of student life programs and services within Yale College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.