Registered Yale University organizations wishing to use Cross Campus or Hewitt Quadrangle (“Beinecke plaza”) for any event are required to submit an application, endorsed by an officer of the organization, via the web-based form linked below. Before applying, please review carefully the Policies and Criteria section below.
Policies and Criteria
Only registered Yale organizations may apply. Any undergraduate organization that sponsors activities on campus must register with the Yale College Dean’s Office. All other university organizations that sponsor activities on campus must register with the Office of the Secretary.
The criteria for granting permission are based on the following conditions:
- The activity must not promote an outside commercial interest.
- The activity must not involve the collection or solicitation of money.
- If sponsored by an undergraduate organization, the activity must comply with the current undergraduate regulations of Yale College.
- The activity must not disrupt regular or essential operations of the university.
- The activity must not significantly infringe on the rights of others. Since Cross Campus and Hewitt Quadrangle are near the workplaces, residences, and study facilities of students, faculty, and staff, there is a particular concern about noise. In most instances, amplification will be allowed only during the noon hour or between 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- No grills will be allowed on the Hewitt Quadrangle.
- Use of materials involving heat or fire must receive approval from the fire marshal.
- All applications will be reviewed by and must receive approval from the Yale University Police Department.
To begin the application process, please confirm that you represent a registered university organization: