An official English translation signed and bearing the official seal of University is available for $20.00. Please see below for details regarding requests of official translations.
- All applicants for translations must complete and return an Application for Translation form.
- This application form CANNOT be submitted to this office by email or fax.
- Verification of your signature by a Notary Public is required.
- Translations will be processed upon receipt of the completed application form and the fee of $20.00 (payable to Yale University).
- Translations are sent via U.S. First-Class mail. Please allow 5 days delivery time by the Postal Service before contacting our office at 203.432.7141.
- If you would like the document returned to you by express courier, please provide a prepaid FedEx return slip or include an additional amount of $25.00 for domestic shipping; $65.00 for international shipping.
- The completed translation, which includes the raised seal of the University, cannot be returned to you by email or fax.
TRANSLATION OF DIPLOMA
This document is not official
unless embossed with the Seal of Yale University
and signed by the Secretary of the University
The President and Fellows of Yale University in New Haven in the State of Connecticut send solemn greetings to all to whom this document shall come. We, the President and Fellows of this University, admit _____________________ a candidate for *________ academic honors, to the degree of _____________ and we confer upon him/her all rights, privileges and insignia pertaining to the honor. In testimony of that fact the seal of the University has been impressed upon this document and we, the President and the Secretary, have signed it on the ____ day of ______ in the year of Our Lord ______ and of Yale University the ______.
*Bachelor’s degree = first academic honors
Master’s degree = second academic honors
Doctor’s degree = highest academic honors