Before proceeding, please read and agree to the terms below.
Policy on Use of Woolsey Hall Rotunda: Yale Affiliated Organizations
Any Yale-affiliated organization desiring to use the Woolsey Hall Rotunda for any event should submit an application, signed by an officer of the organization, to the Office of the Secretary of the University.
Any Yale-affiliated organization requesting use of the Woolsey Hall Rotunda must be registered with the appropriate office.
- Undergraduate organizations must be registered with the Yale College Dean’s Office.
- Non-undergraduate organizations (private, nonprofit organizations; graduate and professional; and/or staff and faculty groups) must be registered with the Office of the Secretary.
The criteria for granting permission are based on the following conditions:
- Due to the Rotunda’s close proximity to faculty and staff offices, all activities taking place must not disturb University functions.
- Memorial Hall and its outer hallways are a war memorial and a place of honor. Any activity taking place in this space must be considerate and respectful of others utilizing the space. This includes keeping excess noise to a minimum.
- Live or recorded music is prohibited at all times.
- The activity must not block any egress and must leave sufficient room for passersby.
- Fundraising, solicitations, and financial transactions are permissible only in the Rotunda, not in the hallways to Commons dining hall or Hewitt Quadrangle (“Beinecke Plaza”).
- The only sales permitted are those supporting nonprofit organizations. Note: The University’s tax-exempt status does not extend to undergraduate, graduate and professional, or faculty/staff organizations. In accordance with the Undergraduate Regulations, all undergraduate organizations must operate under a nonprofit status. Details on registering for tax-exempt status can be found at: http://yalecollege.yale.edu/content/tax-exempt-status-and-irs-reporting-obligations OR http://gsas.yale.edu/life-yale/student-groups/guidelines-important-information-graduate-student-groups.
- A group may not solicit or sell for more than five days within a thirty-day period. Any request over this amount will not be accepted.
- Merchandise featuring the Yale logo must be preapproved by the Office of the Secretary.
- Walls must remain free and clear of any materials.
- Groups may use a table that they provide themselves. Tables must be attended at all times.
- The group is responsible for cleaning up after their allotted time.
- The group is responsible for the cost of repairs of any damage caused by the use of the Rotunda.
- Any violation of these rules will result in suspension from future use of this space.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the Office of the Secretary and Vice President for Student Life at (203) 432-6602 or email@example.com.